This course picks up where our introductory course left off and is aimed at graduates of our Puppetry in Performance course or theatre-makers with professional puppetry experience. Having already gotten to grips with the skills needed to bring a puppet to life, this course delves into our rehearsal processes of creating stories with puppetry at their heart. Over five days participants will:
- Work as part of a group to create and maintain emotion, thought and physicality within a single character.
- Explore the use of voice and emotionally dynamic movement in a puppet’s expression.
- Construct compelling narratives for puppets in response to textual, visual and musical stimuli.
- Learn to analyse and critique your own work by developing a constructive outside eye.
- Devise and perform a final piece of puppet theatre to consolidate their new skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Based on the popularity of previous courses, we ask that you complete a short online application form. Participants will then be shortlisted and selected based on their experience and suitability for the training. We’ll get back to you to let you know if we can offer you a place and to arrange payment via BACS.
All applicants must be 18 years of age or over.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic our training programme is on hiatus.
Details of the next Meaning from Movement course and all other training opportunities will be announced via our social media feeds and through our mailing list.
You can subscribe HERE