From Running Wild to The Grinning Man and The Four Seasons: A Reimagining, we are passionate about puppets with multiple operators. So this making course gives trainees the chance to make their own Bunraku-inspired puppet. Over three days participants will:
- Learn about our puppet making process from sketchbook page to stage.
- Discover how the specific requirements of a production can influence a puppet’s structure and aesthetic.
- Create your own puppet using a range of materials, tools and techniques.
- Explore different forms of joint and articulation in three-dimensional form.
- Customise and refine your puppet in response to its chosen character.
HOW TO APPLY
Based on the popularity of previous courses, we ask that you complete a short application form to tell us a bit about yourself and your previous experience in making/puppetry.
Participants will be shortlisted and selected based on their experience and suitability for the training. We’ll then get back to you to let you know if we can offer you a place and to arrange payment.
Previous experience in puppet making isn’t necessary.
All applicants must be 18 years of age or over.
Applications for this course have now closed.
Details of the next Creating Characters course and all other training opportunities will be announced via our social media feeds and through our mailing list.
You can subscribe HERE