From Running Wild to The Grinning Man and The Four Seasons: A Reimagining, we are passionate about puppets with multiple operators. So this making course gives trainees the chance to make their own Bunraku-inspired puppet. Over three days participants will:
- Learn about our puppet making process from sketchbook page to stage.
- Discover how the specific requirements of a production can influence a puppet’s structure and aesthetic.
- Create your own puppet using a range of materials, tools and techniques.
- Explore different forms of joint and articulation in three-dimensional form.
- Customise and refine your puppet in response to its chosen character.
HOW TO APPLY
Based on the popularity of previous courses, we ask that you complete a short application form to tell us a bit about yourself and your previous experience in making/puppetry.
Participants will be shortlisted and selected based on their experience and suitability for the training. We’ll then get back to you to let you know if we can offer you a place and to arrange payment.
Previous experience in puppet making isn’t necessary.
All applicants must be 18 years of age or over.
Dates: Mon 08 – Wed 10 April
Venue: School of Stuff, Shacklewell Lane, London
Once you have applied, we will contact you by email to confirm whether or not you have a place and to arrange payment