Created for performers and theatre makers, this four day introductory course explores the key principles of puppetry and gives an insight into our creative process. Trainees will explore a range of skills, exercises and improvisations that illustrate how to bring a puppet to life. There will be the chance to work with a range of materials from simple found objects to multi-operator puppets, as well as opportunities to devise, share and analyse work performed. During the course participants will:
- Learn to imbue objects and puppets with thought, emotion and physicality.
- Discover a puppet’s most effective forms of communication.
- Explore the relationship between puppeteer and puppet.
- Collaborate in groups to create and maintain characterisation within a single puppet.
- Expand your awareness during performance using improvisation and structured play.
- Create narratives that demand the use of puppetry from a range of stimuli.
HOW TO APPLY
Based on the popularity of previous courses, we ask that you complete a short application form to tell us a bit about yourself and your previous experience in theatre/puppetry.
Participants will be shortlisted and selected based on their experience and suitability for the training. We’ll then get back to you to let you know if we can offer you a place and to arrange payment.
This course is primarily aimed at professional theatre makers, other practitioners are free to apply with the awareness that this is a highly physical puppetry workout.
All applicants must be 18 years of age or over.
Dates: Mon 25 – Fri 28 February
Venue: Theatre Deli studios, 2 Finsbury Avenue, London, EC2M 2PA
Once you have applied, we will contact you by email to confirm whether or not you have a place and to arrange payment