Created for performers and theatre makers, this four day introductory course explores the key principles of puppetry and gives an insight into our creative process. Trainees will explore a range of skills, exercises and improvisations that illustrate how to bring a puppet to life. There will be the chance to work with a range of materials from simple found objects to multi-operator puppets, as well as opportunities to devise, share and analyse work performed. During the course participants will:
- Discover a puppet’s most effective forms of communication.
- Explore the relationship between puppeteer and puppet.
- Learn to imbue objects and puppets with thought, emotion and physicality.
- Expand your awareness during performance using improvisation and structured play.
- Create and perform a narrative that demands the use of puppetry.
HOW TO APPLY
Based on the popularity of previous courses, we ask that you complete a short application form to tell us a bit about yourself and your previous experience in theatre/puppetry.
Participants will be shortlisted and selected based on their experience and suitability for the training. We’ll then get back to you to let you know if we can offer you a place and to arrange payment.
This course is primarily aimed at professional theatre makers, other practitioners are free to apply with the awareness that this is a highly physical puppetry workout.
All applicants must be 18 years of age or over.
Applications for this course have now closed.
Details of the next Puppetry in Performance course and all other training opportunities will be announced via our social media feeds and through our mailing list.
You can subscribe HERE